Monday, February 2, 2015

How do you cozy?


I know it's a silly question, but it's essential to factor in how you survive during the cold winter months ahead of us before Spring blossoms those pretty little blooms. I know, I too am a Spring person! My birthday is actually the first day of Spring, but as I've grown older I've learned to embrace the cozy comforts of Winter while I rest and relax for my birthday.

First of all, every cozy girl in training needs candles! It just sets the mood. Some of my favorite Winter scents are currently on sale at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and Yankee Candle. You know, the classic fireside candle to get you in the spirit for hot chocolate and late night talks? I actually prefer more basic scents like lavender and vanilla in the Winter, which I'm aware are odd choices considering the many amazing choices on the market. Lavender is extremely calming though, and Vanilla, in it's purest form just smells so comforting.



The next step is the blankets!

I have so many that I love it's virtually impossible to not include them when it's positively glacial outside and I'm in need of creature comforts. Inside I like my cocoon of warmth, and this is why I am such a big fan of the duvet. I currently live in an apartment so including decor pieces into our home is a hit or miss sometimes, I take into consideration basic things like blankets and covers so that I have the very best in those since they get used the most. More bang for your buck! I love companies that take into account those of us who suffer from allergies, (like my poor kiddo), so having down alternative comforters that can take multiple washings is something I look personally seek out. My current duvet was gifted to me, but I absolutely love this option from Parachute. It's practical, reasonably priced, and that baffle box construction makes me swoon, (it prevents bunching up of the fill on the inside)!


Lastly, at my core I'd like to pretend as if I'm a refined 26 going on 27 year old woman who drinks her coffee black and wears a business lady suit like a boss. I am not, however. I'm a working Mom, who sometimes hangs out with her friends and nurses tea, hot or cold, like it's my life force. Yogi Tea has the most delicious and soothing flavors. I'm a huge fan on their detox tea, and also, the Calming blend. They are the best!

I hope your Winter is cozy, snowy, and beautiful. Also check out Parachute Home by clicking on the photo, and by all means, invest in your comforts.

xo,
C

No comments :

Post a Comment