Thursday, May 21, 2015

Cookin' Up Crates


I am a huge fan of grilling and cooking out. A necessary Summer activity, it's sort of spiraled into a hobby/obsession at this point that I'm very passionate about. Of course with the regular fare provided from potato salad, fried chicken, seafood, and BBQ in the Carolinas, I've come to prefer the classic Southern staples that makes these memorable feasts into actual parties.

Another thing I love is a perfectly curated setup that includes the basics, and guess what? They also make pretty amazing gifts!

Enter .... Man Crates.

Now I'm a girl, but even I love the rugged appeal of a gift you have to open with a crowbar and being able to give one makes you seem kind of like the coolest guys' girl ever.  Man Crates are affordable curated sets from lovers of jerky, to zombie preparedness, who love the no frills approach to gift giving and receiving. (You can even give them to your Dad!)

Blankets
I don't know a guy who'd admit that they wouldn't like a nice blanket to cover the ground while they feast, but a tartan picnic blanket up's your game while also looking snappy and cheerful. (Your significant other will also thank you for it!)
Waterproof Back Plaid Picnic Blanket $39.95
from Scotland Shop
I am in love with these waterproof picnic rugs from Scotland Shop. They're darling, and essential for resting between grilling or taking a break between rounds of beer pong. 

Glassware
Men don't drink out of plastic cups unless you're in the frat house, or at a tailgate, so it's time to update! Mason Jars are cute, practical, and multi-purpose. You can also pack anything in them, and they're good to the environment.

Mason Jar Shot Glasses $15
Set of 4
Burbon and Boots
These Mason Jar shot glasses are excellent for entertaining, and essential for holding things like condiments, homemade salad dressings, and alcohol. These particular one's from Bourbon and Boots come in a set of 4 for $15. That's a must for the crate!

Ketchup
When I think of quality condiments, look no farther than all-natural pork bacon ketchup. That's right! 

All-Natural Pork Bacon Ketchup $10
Heritage Farms
(Available at Burbon and Boots)
Made right here in North Carolina, (not too far from where I grew up), Heritage Farms has been making quality clothing and pork products for their boutique on Bourbon and Boots. I've actually bought bottles of this as presents, but this would be a huge hit for a BBQ Man Crate and it's a crowd pleaser! Who doesn't like bacon?


Being from North Carolina our pork BBQ is a delicacy. Now I'm biased, but vinegar based sauces are the best and only way to eat BBQ properly! In fact, I can whip up my own and have several times in a crockpot when we lived on the other side of the country for awhile. It's a must in the Summer around here.


I hope you enjoyed what I would put in my Man Crate, but tell me, what would you put in yours? Let me know in the comments!

xo,
C









No comments :

Post a Comment