Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Sick Girls Guide to Blogging



Alas.... we've hit a major road block. My first sick day!

Since this blogging world, is now my office and my oyster, it's definitely a hard hit to my psyche taking a sick day. All my creativeness, every cough, every tissue is literally feels like its sucking the creativity right out of me! 

So I've figured I'd write a blog post about my sick day essentials, or at least the one's that I can reach from my bedside stand. First up as always, are good tissues. Puff's are my favorites, one of their newer options has Vick's woven right into the tissue, and the other has lotion built in since post nasal drip can take a toll on the delicate skin around your nose.

My next essentials include vitamins D3, and a Super Complex Vitamin C. These are both made by Spring Valley. It's one of my favorite brands, since you can usually get doubles of the D3 on sale. I always take these in addition to my other cold meds, especially during the times that I feel the worst. I feel like they make the world of difference in my recovery.

You can never go wrong with a little Vick's vapor rub, my significant other picked me up some with lemon scent that I'm loving right now. It definitely doesn't carry the old folks smell that the regular stuff does, and scents tend to bother him a bit which makes this one a must have since it's not so overwhelming.

I stock Burt's Bee's products in our house year round. I love their products! I am a huge fan of their beeswax lip balm, and also their hand salve. I just can't get enough. Absolutely none of their products are tested on animals, and they're 100% natural. This is one of the best skin care companies out there in my opinion, and they're also from my home state, North Carolina. The beeswax lip balm has vitamin E and peppermint, but it also features yummy things like coconut oil, lanolin, and rosemary leaf extract to keep your lips moisturized long-term.

Honorable mentions? Of course! I always need my Macbook, and things to do while I'm stuck in bed. Reading! Today I chose my Cosmo since it just came in the mail, (a.k.a. The Girl Bible).  I'm also loving my lacy stretch headband from Forever21. That place has been a hit for me lately, and I can't wait to do my next haul to prove it! I took a shower earlier and I love doing my no heat necessary waves. I use Organix Sea Salt spray religiously when I want to achieve that. Then I simply rope my hair around the elastic part of the headband, (trust me it stays in place), and then just let it sit until it's moderately dry. Let it go, and then scrunch! The Organix line is a personal favorite of mine because of the lack of chemicals since I'm a wavy haired girl, and I hate having crunchy hair. It's the worst!

If you're out of the office like me, sit back and relax. Enjoy your soup and sleep!
You'll be back on your feet in no time.

xo,
Visine for Seasonal Itching + Redness Relief, and Essie Nail Polish in Play Date.

Cosmo (a.k.a. The Girl Bible), and my tea mug with the British flag from Christmas Tree Shops.


P.S. Forgot to mention the July 4th vlog is live!














No comments :

Post a Comment