Thursday, July 24, 2014

Why Blake Lively Gets It

Screenshot of the new Perserve.

Preserve, which premiered just a few short hours ago is the new website brought to you by none other than Serena van der Woodsen herself, Blake Lively. I'll be honest, I feel like I've grown up with her! Also, are we all sufficiently annoyed with celebrity lifestyle sites yet? I can hear your groans, but take a closer look. 

C'mon, I'll hold your hand and I'll muddle you a secret cocktail!

Preserve is essentially everything I'm looking for in a lifestyle branded site. It makes me want to live that life! The rustic, beautiful, and intricate tastes of all American made goods, handmade for every appetite is what we deserve from a celebrity created brand. Beautiful clothes, guys with tattoos and bow ties, and delicious food ... how can you not like any of those things? Don't be fooled, the prose is as articulate and descriptive as ever. The articles are poignant, and yet they tell the stories of the issue, not just paid product placements.

Wait, you're still thinking about that other lifestyle branded site? Really? Make no comparisons here, or fault Ms. Lively for any of her good taste because Preserve is making it's definite first marks. The site is easy to navigate, not to mention meticulously curated, and the photographs are gorgeous. Be sure to check out the film in the Summer issue, and surrender to the ambiance. I'm so excited to see what the Fall issue looks like! Can you imagine Christmas?

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be keeping my eye on Preserve for many months to come.
What about you? Tell me in the comments what you're thinking.

xo,
Caroline


No comments :

Post a Comment